More with less
DEEWR was formerly the Department of Education, Employment, Training & Youth Affairs (DEETYA).
At this time, it had an urgent need (but a limited budget) to train more than 7,000 staff to:
- meet employment service provision changes
- provide basic commercial business skills
- change the culture at all levels.
DeakinCo developed paper-based modules for workshop and distance delivery. These included pre-workshop exercises, role plays, simulations, case studies, further reading and ongoing resources.
The three generic and two transition modules were:
- Culture Change
- Customer Focus
- Financial Awareness and Accountability
- Business Planning and Analysis.
In contrast to traditional training, this innovative education solution offered a single body of content and provided assessment tasks to three qualification levels to allow for:
- internal accreditation (certificate of completion)
- recognition of prior learning for frontline management qualifications in vocational education and training
- credit transfer to University certificate and graduate diploma programs.
The swift development of flexible materials for greater use by a wider audience honoured the limited budget. The link to recognised qualifications greatly encouraged participant uptake. The content proved robust enough to serve all three audiences well.